Bottineau Neighborhood Association has developed new, updated bylaws that better serve our community. We will be voting on these new bylaws on Tuesday, January 11th, 2022, 7pm at the BNA Board Meeting.
PROPOSED BNA BYLAWS
One major change is the addition of term limits.
“All Directors will serve a 2-year term. The Corporation will utilize staggered terms or any other reasonable method to preserve institutional knowledge continuation. There is no limitation on the number of terms a Director may serve, except that Directors must take at least two years off after serving 6 consecutive years.”
Attend our January meeting to vote! You can also email questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BNA January 2022 Board Meeting Jan 11, 2022 7:00 PM
Meeting ID: 851 2223 6747 +1 312 626 6799 US
You can view our current bylaws here, created in 2000.
December 14th BNA Board Meeting 7pm
To Dial in: 1 312 626 6799 Meeting ID: 645 487 4937
Hennepin & 1st updates – Haila Maze Bolton & Menk, Inc.
Winter De-Icing Salt Education – Léa Payette| Minnesota GreenCorps Member
Please join your very own Bottineau Neighborhood Association Board. We meet once a month (currently we meet on the 2nd Tuesday but we are evaluating if another day/time would help with engagement).
To qualify to be on the Board, you must be one or more of the following:
* resident of Bottineau Neighborhood (own or rent), OR
* a business owner or land owner in Bottineau, OR
* an employee of a business in Bottineau.
Our community deserves to the advocacy you can bring! We need your ideas on community events for us to host, city involvement, grants, murals, etc.
A lot will be changing with Lowry Avenue in the not-to-far future and that will affect us greatly! The Upper Harbor Terminal will affect us greatly! Let’s work together to make sure that we are active in the city decisions affecting our community! Or… help us pick a good Movie in the Park… Do what you can!
Bottineau Neighborhood Board Meeting- Tuesday November 9th, 2021- 7 pm
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87569971391
Meeting ID: 875 6997 1391 Dial by your location +1 312 626 6799
BNA October Board Meeting Oct 12, 2021 07:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81971850976
Meeting ID: 819 7185 0976 Dial In: +1 312 626 6799 US
Bottineau Neighborhood Association presents:
Pumpkin Giveaway Saturday October 30, 2021 1pm-3pm
Near the rabbit sculpture across from the California Building (Max Rabitat, Artist: Mary Johnson)
Curbside Pickup | Wear a mask
Sponsored by BNA, Sentyrz, and NE Kiwanis
Update: We’ve cancelled the in-person option for our annual meeting. The annual meeting will take place ONLY on zoom.
BNA Annual Meeting Thursday, September 23rd, 7pm
Zoom login : https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81618509103
+1 312 626 6799 Meeting ID: 816 1850 9103
BNA Annual Meeting Thursday, September 23rd, 7pm
Bottineau Neighborhood Association
Neighborhood Coordinator Position
10-20 hours/week, must be available second Tuesday of the month
Bottineau Neighborhood Association works to improve, connect, and advocate for the Bottineau community. The all-volunteer board oversees the programming and activities for this Minneapolis neighborhood, and the coordinator works to support these efforts, with an emphasis on promoting community engagement.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the organization
- Process phone and email messages
- Maintain social network messaging
- Act as liaison between residents, businesses, various groups, the City, and other stakeholders
- Maintain all communications, including but not limited to:
- Update the website on a regular basis
- Produce eNews communications and promote sign-ups
- Oversee production of monthly printed newsletter (write/source articles, images, etc.)
- Organize events
- Attend relevant meetings, including monthly board meetings
- Help produce and distribute monthly meeting agendas and minutes
- Stay informed about topics and issues affecting the neighborhood
- Manage and recruit volunteers
- Support board and committee activities as needed
- Collaborate with the Treasurer and accountant to ensure budgets are maintained, financial reports are available, and proper legal paperwork is submitted
- Manage bookkeeping, submit reimbursements to NCR, and file all taxes and government required reports
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of G-Suite, Mailchimp, WordPress, Quickbooks
- Effective communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Event planning and project management experience
- Ability to work collaboratively and proactively
- Ability to balance a variety of priorities
- Enjoy working with diverse communities
- Experience with grassroots organizing a plus
- Nonprofit and volunteer board experience
- Experience working with the City of Minneapolis, ideally with the NCR Department
- This is a contract position, renewable yearly upon board review
- Pay $25-30/hour depending on qualifications
How to Apply
- Send letter of interest, resume and references to email@example.com
- Position open until filled
BNA August 2021 Board Meeting
Aug 10, 2021 07:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 831 2767 7383
1 312 626 6799 US