We here at BNA acknowledge this is a difficult time for our community and will do our best to continue connecting people digitally.
The Minnesota Department of Health is leading the state and city preparedness and information dissemination. If you have health questions about COVID-19, the Minnesota Department of Health offers a specific COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 (7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT).
- Electricity: Xcel Energy, the electricity provider for Minneapolis residents and business owners, announced over the weekend that it will indefinitely suspend service disconnections. The company also said it would work with customers who face difficulty paying their electricity bill to arrange payment plans to meet those circumstances. If you have questions about your electricity bill or service, call Xcel’s customer service line at 1-800-895-4999.
- Gas: CenterPoint Energy, the gas provider in Minneapolis, also announced it will suspend service disconnections and work with customers who need payment assistance, extensions, or other help. If you have questions about your gas bill or service, contact CenterPoint Energy’s customer service line at 1-800-245-2377.
- Internet: Comcast announced yesterday that it will open Xfinity WiFi network nationally for free, will be offering free unlimited data, and will not disconnect a customer’s internet service or assess late fees if they contact the company and let them know that they can’t pay their bills during this period. More information on what Comcast is doing to help make sure everyone has internet access, especially low-income families, can be found here.
Looking for information on coronavirus disease 19 in more languages?
The Minnesota Department of Health has translated some of its coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) information and materials into several languages. Please share these links with your neighbors, colleagues and connections and help protect our communities:
- Coronavirus disease 19 information in Spanish.
- Coronavirus disease 19 information in Somali.
- Coronavirus disease 19 information in Hmong.
- This page offers information and materials in nine languages – including how to access health insurance and low-cost clinics – and has a coronavirus public service announcement video in American Sign Language.
- City of Minneapolis Office of Emergency Management: www.minneapolismn.gov/emergency/coronavirus
- Hennepin County: www.hennepin.us/residents/emergencies/covid-19