Eastside Meal on Wheels is seeking a paid part-time greeter/driver. The schedule is M-F, 8-10 hours per week from 10:45 until approximately 12:45. Must have own vehicle and a valid driver’s license. They will conduct a background check.
Goal of Position: Help organize and distribute insulated bags in an orderly fashion. Greet daily volunteers as they arrive for duty. Deliver route bags to the satellite location in Southeast Minneapolis and to home bound residents in Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis and St Anthony Village over the lunch hour. May deliver meals alone or work may train in a new driver.
- Help distribute the route bags to the daily volunteers as they arrive for pick up taking care that they do not inadvertently grab the wrong bags.
- Deliver food to residents on a designated route following delivery instructions.
- Greet volunteers as they return with their route bags. Help sanitize route bags and keep carts organized.
- Be ready and willing to deliver single meals or take more than one route if volunteers do not show or they have problems.
- Office tasks to include daily food order and route sheets etc.
- May help in the kitchen as needed.
Timeframe: Arrive at 10:45 am. Meals are delivered between 11 am and 1 pm and routes take approximately 45 minutes to an hour. You may be asked to come in a little earlier or stay a little later as needed. Basic computer and office skills are required. You must arrive on time.
- Must have own vehicle, valid drivers license and auto insurance (required)
- Ability to work with diverse clientele
- Knowledge of our geographic area and ability to read directions or map.
- Pleasant and friendly demeanor. Ability to work in a fast paced environment yet remain calm.
- Must be able to lift at least 20-25 #.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be dependable, flexible and able to adjust to variations as needed.
Job responsibilities may include activities which are not listed on this description as conditions change.
Contact: Please call 612-277-2529 to schedule an interview. Click here for printable job posting (pdf).