The City of Minneapolis’ demographics are changing rapidly, and it is more important than ever to ensure that the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is meeting the needs of its diverse stakeholders. Therefore, the MPRB has embarked on a critical effort to develop a plan – RecQuest – for the next generation of recreation centers in Minneapolis. And you can be a part of it!
Applications are now being accepted for potential members of the RecQuest Community Advisory Committee (CAC) to be appointed by the MPRB Board of Commissioners. The charge of this CAC is to:
- Work collaboratively and provide input toward final project recommendations for approval by the Board of Commissioners.
- Become knowledgeable about the project and its scope and advise MPRB staff and consultants throughout the planning process.
- Contribute to broad community outreach and engagement by enhancing the project’s interaction with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Understand and represent the needs of all community members.
- Apply equity principles in decision-making based on training provided by staff and project consultants
- Report back to appointers or appointing bodies, as requested, on the plan process, information presented, and possible recommendations.
- Evaluate potential scenarios and deliver a preferred, actionable alternative for recreation centers and programs to the Board of Commissioners.
Application deadline is Friday, July 31 at 4pm.