Wintertide, a Biennial Juried Art Exhibition – CALL FOR ART
Presented by NEMAA & Public Functionary
Sponsored by Cedarwoods Foundation
Download full guidelines and submission information here.
Click here to apply at SmarterEntry.com
Deadline to apply: December 10, 5 PM (Central Time)
Don’t miss this unique, prestigious opportunity to have your artwork included in Wintertide, our inaugural juried art exhibition taking place at contemporary art gallery Public Functionary. All applicants must have either renewed their membership for 2015 or joined NEMAA by the Wintertide application deadline: December 10, 2014. Join or renew here.
An entry fee of $35 (for submission of up to 3 works of art) is required, and the artist must be a NEMAA member for the year 2015. Each accepted artist will have one piece of artwork in the exhibition. The jury process will include 2 rounds. The application materials must be submitted online per the submission guidelines and instructions by December 10 for the first round of blind jurying.
Juried Biennial Exhibitions are an important instigator in the discovery of exceptional work of emerging, mid-career and established artists based on a competitive jury process. In addition to selecting the artists in the Biennial, the jurors will award a total of $10,500 in cash prizes that will be presented at the opening reception, Saturday, January 24th.
- Mixed Media (artwork includes two or more mediums)
- Painting & Drawing (artwork includes only one medium – including printmaking if artist uses only ink)
- 3D, Sculpture, Object
Best of Show: $2000
People’s Choice: $500
For each of 4 categories:
1st place: $1250
2nd place: $500
3rd place: $250
- Jean Bevier, Professor Dominican University
- Leslie Hammons, Director, Weinstein Gallery
- Peter Remes, CEO, First & First
- Christina Schmid, Art Critic, Assistant Professor at the University of Minnesota
- Tricia Khutoretsky (2nd round juror), Director/Curator, Public Functionary
Timeline & Selection Process
- Entry Deadline: December 10, 5:00 PM (Central Time)
- 1st Round of blind juried selection (images): December 15-22
- 1st Round Artist Notification: December 23
- 2nd Round drop off: January 9, 12 noon – 4 PM, and January 10, 4 PM – 8 PM
- 2nd Round jury selections: January 14 and January 15
- 2nd Round Artist Notification: January 17
- Opening Reception/Prizes Awarded: Saturday, January 24, 7 PM – 11 PM
- Exhibit Dates/Hours: January 24 – February 7, 2015
Please carefully read full guidelines and submission information, available for download as a PDF here.